IS this group dead.
Tom Touch
2003-12-27 00:15:08 UTC
I havn't seen a post in two day.
" Whisky for my men, beer for the horses "

Stay cool if you can
ratchet
2003-12-27 00:33:13 UTC
Naw , I can still feel a faint pulse But I do think alt.billiards has
expired !!
Stay cool if you can
sittingduck
2003-12-27 01:13:29 UTC
yep, nothing to see here.... move along!
Smorgass Bored
2003-12-27 04:37:18 UTC
Tom Touched us with:
IS this group dead.

(*<~ Well, at least one of it's members is.
Is Not.
Is.
Is Not.
Is.
Is NOT.
IS.
IS NOT.
IS.
ISN'T.
IS.
IS NOT.
IS SO.
AIN'T.
IS.
IS NOT....... dammit !
IS TOO.
NO, HE'S NOT !

then, he should go Kill Himself..

Doug
~>*(((>< Big fish eat Little fish ><)))*<~
Steve Ellis
~>*(((>< Big fish eat Little fish ><)))*<~
ratchet
~>*(((>< Big fish eat Little fish ><)))*<~
NimBill
2004-01-02 02:45:12 UTC
Post by Tom Touch
I havn't seen a post in two day.
" Whisky for my men, beer for the horses "
Stay cool if you can
This newsgroup is so totally dead it should be buried and forgotten like a not
remembered relative whoes funeral you could not miss.

There is no one here who knows shit about setting up pool tables or playing
pool.

This is like the Leper Colony for folks that want to play pool but do not know
how.

alt.sport.pool out to be killed off newsgroups. Nobody who knows anything ever
posts and its mostly a pissing contest about egos.

I mostly check it to see if any intelligent life has posted anything but it
rarely happens.

Want to buy a table? I have them in stock plus cues and accessories and game
room equipment.

Got a beautiful 10 foot snooker table for anyone interested.

No 7 foot pool tables in stock but several 8 footers.

Willing to buy most any pool table with slate or granite or marble play surface
if close enough for me to examine it.
Jim Wyant

Jimbo Ct
2004-01-02 08:25:29 UTC
JW: >Naw, Sam is just on a break.

He's the reason it's dead.

Jim <---Snooker my ass
sam
2004-01-03 01:01:40 UTC
Post by Jimbo Ct
Jim <---Snooker my ass
Naw, I'm not into that shit. Try someone else. :o) Sincerely, Sam
ratchet
Well now , If that quote don't revive this NG , It is dead !!
Donald Tees
2004-01-02 14:31:58 UTC
Post by ratchet
Post by NimBill
This is like the Leper Colony for folks that want to play pool but do not know
how.
alt.sport.pool out to be killed off newsgroups. Nobody who knows anything ever
posts and its mostly a pissing contest about egos.
I mostly check it to see if any intelligent life has posted anything but it
rarely happens.
Well now , If that quote don't revive this NG , It is dead !!
I see Brunswick has some new pictures, including a shot of the style I
have. Maybe we can argue about how heavy a snooker tale is <G>.

Donald

http://www.brunswick-billiards.com/history/antique_tables/canadianclub.html
John Barton
2004-01-03 16:38:35 UTC
Post by NimBill
Post by Tom Touch
I havn't seen a post in two day.
" Whisky for my men, beer for the horses "
Stay cool if you can
This newsgroup is so totally dead it should be buried and forgotten like a not
remembered relative whoes funeral you could not miss.
There is no one here who knows shit about setting up pool tables or playing
pool.
That's right so I'll take the five out for whatever you want to play for.
Post by NimBill
This is like the Leper Colony for folks that want to play pool but do not know
how.
alt.sport.pool out to be killed off newsgroups. Nobody who knows anything ever
posts and its mostly a pissing contest about egos.
I mostly check it to see if any intelligent life has posted anything but it
rarely happens.
I guess that depicts 'your' level of intelligence then.
Post by NimBill
Want to buy a table? I have them in stock plus cues and accessories and game
room equipment.
From you? You are here and I quote, "There is no one here who knows shit
about setting up pool tables or playing pool. " So why would I want to buy
a pool table from someone who knows nothing about setting up pool tables or
playing pool?
Post by NimBill
Got a beautiful 10 foot snooker table for anyone interested.
No 7 foot pool tables in stock but several 8 footers.
Willing to buy most any pool table with slate or granite or marble play surface
if close enough for me to examine it.
Gee, never heard of those "marble" tables before. Who makes them? What
shame to cover up the "play surface" of marble with cloth. I don't know
anything about tables or pool but I seem to recall somewhere that most
manufacturers use slate for the 'bed' of the table and cover it with woven
and worsted cloth for the "playing surface".

Insulting your potential customers is a great tactic. You definitely belong
among the geniuses of history.

John
Ninebal310
2004-01-04 12:13:25 UTC
From: "John Barton"
Gee, never heard of those "marble" tables before. Who makes them? What
shame to cover up the "play surface" of marble with cloth. I don't know
anything about tables or pool but I seem to recall somewhere that most
manufacturers use slate for the 'bed' of the table and cover it with woven
and worsted cloth for the "playing surface".
Insulting your potential customers is a great tactic. You definitely belong
among the geniuses of history.
John
John,

I'm not trying to flame you. Fisher (or Fischer Mfg.) made tables with
marble rather than slate. A friend of mine has one his father gave him from the
60's.

Hank
remove "mitted" for emailing
John Barton
2004-01-05 03:47:37 UTC
From: "John Barton"
Gee, never heard of those "marble" tables before. Who makes them? What
shame to cover up the "play surface" of marble with cloth. I don't know
anything about tables or pool but I seem to recall somewhere that most
manufacturers use slate for the 'bed' of the table and cover it with woven
and worsted cloth for the "playing surface".
Insulting your potential customers is a great tactic. You definitely belong
among the geniuses of history.
John
John,
I'm not trying to flame you. Fisher (or Fischer Mfg.) made tables with
marble rather than slate. A friend of mine has one his father gave him from the
60's.
Hank
remove "mitted" for emailing
Ok - I am ignorant. I think that the Fisher is probably the exception
rather than the rule. It's still probably not good form to insult everyone
and then ask them to buy something.

John